Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. reports that Olive Oil, in fact, ALL oil can be detrimental to your health and especially to your HEART.
To his suprise, Dr. Esselstyn discovered that certain foods seemed to prolong life, contribute to complete recovery, and even help restore veins and arteries to normal size after a heart attack, while other foods caused harm, hastening relapse and contributed to eventual complete coronary failure.
He was particularly surprised that foods such as avocados, vegetable oils, fats and nuts were particularly harmful.
What does this mean to the average individual who may not have coronary heart disease or heart problems?
All one can say is that a large number of physicians are drastically altering their diets after reviewing Dr. Esselstyn’s research. Below is a video, while below the video are the doctor’s dietary recommendations.
Here are the rules of Dr. Esselstyn’s program in its simplest form:
• You may not eat anything with a mother or a face (no meat, poultry, or fish).
• You cannot eat dairy products.
• You must not consume oil of any kind—not a drop. (Yes, you devotees of the Mediterranean Diet, that includes olive oil. See “>Chapter 10 of Dr. Esselstyn’s book)
• Generally, you cannot eat nuts or avocados.
You can eat a wonderful variety of delicious, nutrient-dense foods:
• All vegetables except avocado. Leafy green vegetables, root vegetables, veggies that are red, green, purple, orange, and yellow and everything in between
• All legumes—beans, peas, and lentils of all varieties.
• All whole grains and products, such as bread and pasta, that are made from them—as long as they do not contain added fats.
• All fruits.
Why? Because it works.
According to Dr. Esselstyn in the first continuous twelve-year study of the effects of nutrition in severely ill patients described in detail in his book, those who complied with his program achieved “total arrest of clinical progression and significant selective reversal of coronary artery disease.”
In fully compliant patients, he saw angina disappear in a few weeks and abnormal stress test results return to normal.
Furthermore, people retained health and vigor on a consistent basis with no noticeable causative adverse effects due to lack or meat, oils or fats.
SUMMARY: People do not need extra oils, fats or meat in their diet.